After much speculation of Iran's power plant containing nuclear weapons and materials, the United Nations have decided to inspect the nuclear powerplant for nuclear weapons. Although Iran claims that there plant is only for peaceful purposses, the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) feels it is completely neccessary to evaluate it. The inspection is said to take place on October 25.
This issue interests me for a couple of reasons. The more obvious being that if they had nuclear weapons or materials for them it could lead to use of these weapons on countries one possibly being the U.S. Another interesting side to this issue is that Iran is requesting enriched uranium from the IAEA to help treat cancer. The IAEA is reluctant to give them this uranium because of their advanced nuclear system. I find this interesting because it brings up the question if the IAEA should do this for them. I am very interested to see what the U.N and IAEA find during the inspection on the 25th.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with you on this political issue. I feel that if Iran has nuclear powerplants that they could build nuclear weapons and could put the world in danger. I'm interested to find out what the U.S. discoveres during their investgations on October 25th.
ReplyDeleteI'm anxious to see that Iran does with the nuclear weapons. I feel as if I don't trust them because we are uncertain of their intentions. I would feel nervous giving them the uranium that they requested. Iran's nuclear power could really make the world's power uneven. I'm also interested to find out what happens in the investigations.
ReplyDelete