Late Friday night President Obama signed a declaration that made the H1N1 virus a national emergency. Obama said that this was done because the number of people getting the virus in certain areas and communities was rapidly increasing and this would help these area get more supplies to treat this pandemic. By signing this declaration Kathleen Sebelius the secretary of Health and Human Services is allowed to temporarily change certain requirements to help health care facilities enact emergency plans to deal with this growing virus.
I think that declaring the H1N1 virus a national emergency was a good move by President Obama. I know that H1N1 is a serious problem simply becuase litterally half of my friends have been infected by this virus as well as a numerous amount of other kids at my school. I believe that since Kathleen Sebelius is now able to change the requirements of helathcare and medicaid the virus will decrease. This is because areas in need can get more vaccine which will eventually lead to a decrease in the pandemic. I hope that the gaining of more vaccine works and that the pandemic decreases so that I have less of a chance of getting the virus.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment