Sunday, October 18, 2009

Biggest Political Issue facing VA

I feel like the biggest issue facing the state of Virginia is there transportation problem. Part of the reason i feel this way could possibly be because I constantly hear both my parents complain about the traffic coming home from work, but also I have personally witnessed this issue. The reason this issue is frustrating to me is because the state of Virginia gets the majority of their money from Northern Virginia because it is significantly more populated than the rest of the state. That money from the the Northern Virginians has recently been used on roads in other areas of the state like Richmond for example. I think it is just common sense that atleast a good portion of the money should be used on improving the roads in Northern Virginia.
Another way this problem could potentially be solved would be by expanding the D.C. metropolitain metro system to more parts of Northern Virginia. I am pretty sure that extension of the metro system to NoVa is actually in effect but obviously building an underground train is not an overnight job. I feel that this would definitly take a few cars off the road and help people get to their jobs more efficiently. Hopefully the Virginia government will come to their senses and actually use our money to help our transportation problem.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah dave i agree. i remember when we had to go to DC for our project in US history, and we had to take forever just to get to Tysons to get into the metro becasue of heavy commuter traffic. Then we had a huge hassle trying to get aboard the cluttered Metro train. Needless to say there were no open seats, except for one, and a crazy homosexual man sat there next to haskell and touched haskell's leg. Transportation is definitely a problem.

    ReplyDelete