Sunday, October 4, 2009

Current Event 2- Eight U.S troops killed in Afghanistan

On Saturday hundreds of militants attacked U.S forces. 8 american troops were killed and 2 members of the afghan nation security force also died. According to military reports hundreds of militants targeted and attacked 2 U.S-Afghan outposts. Air support came in 30 minutes but was too late as 8 U.S troops were killed. The 8 U.S troops killed is the largest number of military casualities in a single day in over a year.
I feel that this tragic event is very important to our country. Not only did 8 of our soldiers get killed, this shows that the war against terror is not close to being over. For all the Americans that thought the war was coming to a hault this event proved otherwise being the most violent day in over a year. I also feel that this event may alter the Obama administration's plan as to when he will take troops out of Afghanistan. I am very curious to see how president Obama will react to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment