Monday, November 2, 2009

My Choice-Who is Joe Biden???

During the 2008 election I feel that vice presidential canidate Joe Biden was often overshadowed by the others in the election. For starters the opposing vice president was a woman from Alaska, which was anything but ordinary and Bidens running mate was to be the first African American President of the U.S. So it only made sense that vice president Joe Biden wouldn't really be the focus of this 2008 election. However even after the election I feel that Joe Biden has been under the radar since taking office. Because of this I decided to do research on the current vice president to find out who exactly Joe Biden is.
Although born in Pennsylvania Joe Biden grew up in the state of Deleware. Biden later became a Senator for Deleware in 1973 at the age of 30 being one of the youngest senators in U.S history. Biden was a senator for Deleware all the way until he resigned right before he took office as vice president. In his 30 plus years as senator Biden was chairman of senate committee on the judiciary, as well as Chairman of the International Narcotics Control Caucus and Chairman of the senate comittee on foreign relations. One interesting thing I learned about Joe Biden was that he ran for president in both 2008 and 1988, both time he dropped out of the race rather early.

No comments:

Post a Comment