Monday, November 2, 2009

Current Event 6-Bay Bridge reopens

Six days after a construction accident on the Bay bridge the bridge is finally reopend. The construction accident contained two steel rods and a steel crossbeam falling from the span of the bridge. The Bay bridge conncects the cities of Oakland and San Fransisco, two of California's most important cities. The closing of this bridge caused a major problem for people commuting to and from these two cities. The bridge was finally reopened on Monday after passing a series of tests run by engineers.
When I read this article I immediately felt bad for the people of Oakland and San Fransisco. I think this would be similar to if the beltway were to close in our area, and I know how much chaos that would cause. This event also shows how something we depend on so much can brake at any second.

No comments:

Post a Comment