Sunday, April 4, 2010

Editorial Number 4

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/mar/19/wwii-the-most-racist-generation/

The editorial I read was about World War II and the war on terrorism being all about racism. This topic was sparked when Tom Hanks expressed this idea in an interview about his new series "The Pacific". The author of the editorial goes on to explain how racism did play a part through out the war but it was definitely not the overall cause of the war. He then goes in to the specifics about how exactly the U.S got in to the war and how race was not a factor when entering the war.
I agree with the overall idea of this editorial and feel that racism was not the main focus or cause of the war. I feel that racism was more of a theme or even result that came with the war. However I feel that the political conflicts that cause war can often be from racism so in a way Hanks had a somewhat valid point.

No comments:

Post a Comment