
1.Cartoon by Bob Englehart
2.Published in Hartfort Connecticut, 12/11/2009
3.This cartoon deals with President Obama's winning of the peace prize and his actions he has taken on the war on terror.
4.The cartoon is basically saying "how can this guy win a peace prize if he is increasing the number of troops in Afghanistan" because increasing the amount of troops in war would not be considered peacefull by most.
5.Although this cartoon is clever and kind of funny I disagree with it's message for the most part. This is because I don't believe that increasing the number of troops in Afghanistan was really a bad thing. This action by Obama could potentially end the war quicker which would overall save lives.

Yo i agree with dave. I think i blogged before about how can this joker win a peace prize when he has barely done anything or barely been in office in a while. There prizes are supposed to be an honor and shouldnt be allotted to anybody for anything. I know Obama has a daunting task ahead of him but increasing troops and not ending a war doesnt deserve a peace prize, that isnt the best solution.
ReplyDelete