Sunday, December 13, 2009

Religious Symbols on Public Property

I do not have any type of problem at all with religious symbols on public places. I do not see why anyone would have a problem if a religious symbol such as a manger or menorah is displayed publicly. By displaying a religious symbol like the ones previously mentioned I feel that you are celebrating your belief and culture with out putting down other people beliefs.
On a different note, regarding religious make up in America there is a huge Christian majoriy so I do not beleive that it would be a big problem for mangers to be displayed during Christmas time. Another point one could argue is that Christianity helped form the country we live in today. So when one is displaying a religious symbol it could be viewed as a celebration of the American culture.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with dave. I like your point on how you say it is an american symbol. that is very true. I dont see why anyone would be offended by this symbols. If anything, id think they are just jealous that they do not have their own religious symbol of their religion out in public. If anything they should get their own symbol and put it out. But if they dont want any symbols but their own, they are in the wrong country.

    ReplyDelete