Sunday, May 16, 2010

CE 1 Marion Jones makes her WNBA debut

This saturday former Olympic sprinter Marion Jones made her debut in the WNBA. Marion Jones was stripped of 5 gold medals after lying to federal investigators about her involvement with performance enhancing drugs. Marion Jones made her debut for Tulsa in which they lost too Minnessota. She played a total of 3 minutes and 19 seconds with her only stat being a foul. Although many may be dissapointed with her debut Jones wasn't dissatisfied with her play since she hadn't played in serious competition since college.
I was very interested when I saw this article about Marion Jones. I remember following the olympics more than I ever had when she was a sprinter and I was very dissapointed to hear about her involvement with performance enhancing drugs. I think it is good that she made a return to professional sports and didn't give up on her passion becuase of a series of bad incidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment